Sunday, April 20, 2014
My Criticism of Ron Paul
Written on May 3rd, 2011
Edited in April 2014
1. Ron Paul opposes social welfare for illegal immigrants, even those whose parents brought them to the U.S. without their knowledge or consent.
2. Ron Paul supports policies that would make it more difficult for gay couples to receive the same legal benefits when they move to different states.
3. Ron Paul rightfully supports the overturning of Roe v. Wade, but for pro-life reasons and not pro-choice ones (the illegality of partial-birth abortion has been upheld by the Roe v. Wade precedent).
4. Ron Paul has refused to take a consistent position about whether the Bush administration had foreknowledge of the September 11th attacks.
5. Ron Paul advocates maintaining an alliance with Israel, and appears to be unaware of the anti-Zionist tendencies within ultra-Orthodox Judaism, and unphased by the role which American Christianity has played in enabling Israel's militarism.
Nevertheless, I support Ron Paul for president in 2012.
[Note: I voted for Ron Paul in 2008 and Gary Johnson in 2012.]
For more entries on enterprise, business, business alliance, and markets, please visit: